There are plenty of opportunities for involvement in the Aurora Community Association – apart from the executive committee, we have a number of working groups which focus on different areas of need within the community.
The ACA working groups give members a way of having a say, working to find solutions to community issues and representing the views of the general community to the relevant body/ bodies in a united and organised fashion. Only through wider involvement by residents can we have an productive, diverse and functioning group.
As of August 2013, the following working groups were in operation:
- Public Transport– including bus service improvements and train line advocacy
- Website– including development, content and maintenance of the website
- Fibre to the Home/ Internet services
- Infrastructure- advocating on our community’s behalf on things like community services, post boxes, off dog leash areas, state of roads, bike lanes etc
- Social Events- organisation of various social/ community events. Usually splits into sub groups who work on a specific event
- Fund Raising- including Trivia Nights, Bunnings BBQs, raffles
- Grant writing- for various activities/ purposes