Aurora Community Association
24 September 2019
Dear Aurora Community
It takes a team!
Consider these questions. In the past year have you joined us for the:
- End of year BBQ
- Opening of the Aurora Town Centre Park
- Meet Your Neighbour at Galada
- Winter Warmer at Treetop Park
- Multicultural Festival We Are One Lets Have Some Fun at Galada
- If your answer is yes, then please consider becoming a member of our committee & helping to keep this great community work going!
Venue: Creeds Farm Living & Learning Centre, 2 Snugburgh Way, Epping VIC 3076
Date: 16th October 2019
Time: 7.30pm – 9.00pm. Light refreshments provided.
RSVP: for catering to email@example.com by 9th October.
Each year at the AGM, according to the ACA rules, current executive committee members stand down and members must nominate and vote in a new committee to oversee the running of the ACA. The executive committee includes:
You can find out more about the roles at http://www.aurora.asn.au/association-structure/
We need a committed group of people to lead in the 2019-20 term and carry on the great work that has been achieved in 2018-19.
People choose to join the ACA committee because they want to give something back to their local community as well as recognising that committee work can bring benefits to the individual. Being a committee member can add lots of additional skills and experience to your CV, as well as strengthening skills you already have. So, in return for their time, committee members can expect to:
- Develop professional and personal skills and experiences e.g, project management, event planning, financial management, communication, community advocacy.
- Build and/ or strengthen networks of business and community associates.
- Contribute to decisions that affect OUR local community.
- Make new friends in the community.
- Have an opportunity both to learn and to teach others.
- Feel satisfied that they are making a difference to the lives of the Epping North/ Wollert community.
The Association plays a vital role in our community, advocating on our community’s behalf on matters of local importance as well as providing a means for residents to connect, socialise and make friends in the area they call home. Without a functioning committee the ACA will cease to function and our community will be without an important asset which makes a difference in our community every day!
If you would like to become a member of the committee or vote for committee membership then please make sure you are a current financial (paid up) member for the 2018-19 FY before Sunday 22nd July 201, details below or at http://www.aurora.asn.au/join-today/.
If you want to join the committee you should indicate your interest to be nominated for a position prior to the AGM by completing the nomination form available at the bottom of http://www.aurora.asn.au/association-structure/.
If you would like to discuss becoming a member of the ACA executive committee, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details to arrange a discussion and we will call you back at a time convenient for you.
Aurora Community Association
Representing the Epping North/ Wollert Community
Incorporation Number: A0053583T
ABN: 604 35 301 557
Postal address: C/O 2 Snugburgh Way, Epping North, Victoria, 3076.
Phone (Secretary): 0490 451 011 (during office hours)