20 July 2018
Aurora Community Association
Venue: Creeds Farm Living & Learning Centre, 2 Snugburgh Way, Epping VIC 3076
Time: 7.30pm – 9.00pm (arrive 7.00pm for a prompt 7.30pm start). Light refreshments provided.
RSVP: for catering purposes by 5pm Sunday 22nd July 2018 at http://aca-agm-2018.eventzilla.net/
Guest Speaker: A representative from VicRoads will provide an update on the O’Herns road Upgrade project
Each year at the AGM, according to the ACA rules, current executive committee members stand down and members must nominate and vote in a new committee to oversee the running of the ACA. The executive committee includes:
- Vice President
- 6 x General Committee Members
You can find out more about the roles at http://www.aurora.asn.au/association-structure/
ACA achievements in recent years include:
- Celebrating the success of the Access Denied campaign and funding announcement for the O’Hern’s Rd Interchange
- Enjoying community events such as the Multicultural Celebration and Coffee & Chats
- Having resident and community issues dealt with through or by the ACA.
Communities and residents in Epping North and Wollert will benefit very much if these types on achievements continue.
The Association needs a committed group of people to lead it in the 2018-19 term and carry on the great work that has been achieved in 2017-18. People choose to join the ACA committee because they want to give something back to their local community as well as recognising that committee work can bring benefits to the individual. Being a committee member can add lots of additional skills and experience to their CV, as well as strengthening skills they already have. So, in return for their time, committee members can expect to:
- Develop professional and personal skills and experiences e.g, project management, event planning, financial management, communication, community advocacy.
- Build and/ or strengthen networks of business and community associates.
- Contribute to decisions that affect the local community.
- Make new friends in the community.
- Have an opportunity both to learn and to teach others.
- Feel satisfied that they are making a difference to the lives of the Epping North/ Wollert community.
The Association plays a vital role in our community, advocating on our community’s behalf on matters of local importance as well as providing a means for residents to connect, socialise and make friends in the area they call home. Without a functioning committee the ACA will cease to function and the local community will be without an important asset which makes a difference in this community every day!
If you would like to become a member of the committee or vote for committee membership then please make sure you are a current financial (paid up) member for the 2018-19 FY before Sunday 22nd July 201, details below or at http://www.aurora.asn.au/join-today/.
If you want to join the committee you should indicate your interest to be nominated for a position prior to the AGM by completing the nomination form available at the bottom of http://www.aurora.asn.au/association-structure/.
If you would like to discuss becoming a member of the ACA executive committee, please email email@example.com with your contact details to arrange a discussion and we will call you back at a time convenient for you.
Aurora Community Association
© Aurora Community Association
Representing the Epping North/ Wollert Community
Incorporation Number: A0053583T
ABN: 604 35 301 557
C/O 2 Snugburgh Way, Epping North, Victoria, 3076, Australia