Victoria Government Gazette
12 April 2018
WHITTLESEA CITY COUNCIL
Procedural Matters Local Law No. 1 of 2018
Notice is hereby given pursuant to section 119(2) of the Local Government Act 1989 that, at a meeting of the Whittlesea City Council held on 3 April 2018, Council resolved to give notice of its intention to make Procedural Matters Local Law (No. 1 of 2018).
The purpose and general purport of the Local Law is to:
- revoke Procedural Matters Local Law (No. 1 of 2012);
- regulate the use of the common seal;
- govern proceedings at Council and Special Committee meetings including notice of meetings, notice papers, minutes, quorums, adjournments, forms of motions and amendments, rescission motions, points of order, rulings of the chairperson, voting, casting votes, speaking times, rules of debate, procedural motions and standards of behaviour;
- provide a policy and procedural guidelines relating to public question time;
- provide for the election of the Mayor, Deputy Mayor and chairpersons;
- provide for offences and penalties for breaches in the provision of the Local Law;
- provide for the administration of Council’s powers and functions; and
- generally provide for the peace, order and good government of the municipal district.
A copy of the proposed Local Law is available for inspection at the following locations: Council Offices, 25 Ferres Boulevard, South Morang; Libraries at May Road, Lalor; Main Street, Thomastown; Plenty Road, Mill Park; and Council’s website – www.whittlesea.vic.gov.au
Public submissions regarding the proposal are invited in accordance with section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989. Written submissions must be clearly marked ‘Public Submission – Proposed Local Law’ and lodged by 5 pm on Monday 14 May 2018. Submissions will be received by mail addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, City of Whittlesea, Locked Bag 1, Bundoora MDC, 3083; by email to: email@example.com; or by facsimile: 9217 2111. A submission form is available on Council’s internet site – www.whittlesea.vic.gov.au
A person who has made a written submission may request to speak in support of the submission or be represented by someone else at the Submissions Advisory Committee meeting to be held at the Council Offices, 25 Ferres Boulevard, South Morang, on a date and time to be determined by the Committee.
Further information regarding the proposed local law can be obtained by contacting the Civic Administration Department on 9217 2223.
Chief Executive Officer
More information in Late Items document for Council Meeting on 3 April 2018. See agenda item 6.5.3. Reference (pp. 7-78)