Have you entered the City of Whittlesea Garden Competition yet? Closes January 31st 2013- be quick!
The City of Whittlesea annual garden competition recognises local gardeners who use environmentally-friendly garden practices allocating a total prize pool valued at $2,100.
There are 2 competition categories; Best Front Garden and Best Edible Garden.
A team of judges inspect each entrant’s garden and choose a winner in each category, who receive prizes worth up to $500. Judges also award prizes for second and third place in each category.
Best Front Garden category
In recognition of the impact of water restrictions, this category is judged on the environmental aspects of gardening. Judging criteria focused on the use of:
- native and drought-tolerant plants
- grey water and rainwater tanks
- mulch and other environmental initiatives
Best Edible Garden category
Residents with a vegetable patch or fruit trees nominated their edible garden for this category. Gardens are judged on the:
- amount and quality of the fruit/vegetables
- type of fruit/vegetables produced, with special recognition given to uncommon and self-cultivated varieties
- use of environmentally-friendly garden practices such as using grey water or rainwater tanks
Closes January 31st 2013
Phone: 9401 0575